List of fully approved coffee brokers in Kenya
The Coffee Exchange Regulations were gazetted by the Cabinet Secretary of the National Treasury and Planning on April 3, 2020.
The Coffee Exchange Regulations together with the Crops Coffee General Regulations, 2019 envisage that the Nairobi Coffee Exchange (NCE) and coffee brokers are to be licensed and supervised by the Capital Markets Authority (CMA).
So far, Kenya has three fully licensed coffee brokers according to the CMA.
1. Meru County Coffee Marketing Agency
2. Kipkelion Brokerage Company Limited
3. Murang’a County Coffee Dealers Company Limited
According to CMA, there exists other certified brokers but with conditional licenses.
4. United Eastern Kenya Coffee Marketing Company,
5. Kipkelion Brokerage Company Limited,
6. Mt. Elgon Coffee Marketing Agency and Murang’a County Coffee Dealers Limited.
CMA issued the first set of licences to five coffee brokers in line with the Capital Markets (Coffee Exchange) Regulations, 2020.
The licenses are meant to allow the brokers to carry out the role of coffee brokerage services at the Nairobi Coffee Exchange (NCE) from July 1, 2021.