List of political parties that have joined Azimio La Umoja coalition
Azimio La Umoja coalition is slowly taking the grip in the political arena with new parties and leaders slowly endorsing the coalition in a bid to support presidential aspirant Raila Odinga for the 2022 presidential race.
This as 30 new political parties led by Wiper Party of Ukambani kingpin Kalonzo Musyoka officially joined the coalition on March 12.
Musyoka was among leaders who graced the Azimio La Umoja National Delegate Convention (NDC) to sign a pre-election deal that officiates them as part of the Azimio coalition. This will be the third time Musyoka will be endorsing ODM boss for presidency.
The parties which have now joined Azimio include;
1.Wiper Democratic Movement lead by Kalonzo Musyoka.
2. Maendeleo Chap Chap led by Alfred Mutual.
3. KANU lead by Gideon Moi
4. United Democratic Party led by Cyrus Jirongo
5. NARC led by Charity Ngilu
6. Devolution Empowerment Party led by Kiraitu Murungi
7. Jubilee Party led by President Uhuru Kenyatta
8 . Orange Democratic Movement led by Raila Odinga
9. Democratic Party led by Governor Nderitu Mureithi
10. Democratic Action Party led by Defence Cabinet Secretary Eugene Wamalwa
11. Nyakera of the Farmers lead by Irungu Kangata
12. The Muungano Party (MP) lead by Governor Kivutha Kibwana.
13. Devolution Empowerment Party led by Governor Kiraitu Murungi
14. Democratic Party (DP) led by Joseph K. Munyao
16. Kenya United Party (KUP)
17. Farmers Party
18. United Democratic Party
19. Pamoja African Alliance (PAA)
20. Ubuntu Party
20. National Reconstruction Alliance (NRA)
22. The People’s Trust Party
23. Chama Cha Uzalendo (CCU)
24. National Liberal Party
25. Kenya Social Congress
26. Movement for Democracy and
27. Kenya National Congress (KNC)
28. Kenya Reform Party
29. National Agenda Party of Kenya
30. Party of Growth and Prosperity
31. United Progressive Alliance
Narc-Kenya leader Martha Karua did not attend the Azimio La Umoja NDC despite having signed a deal with One Kenya Alliance (OKA) NDC on March 11.
However, United Democratic Party (UDA) led by Deputy President William Ruto is also receiving support with 43 Mount Kenya leaders having already joined the party led by Nyeri Governor Mutai Kahiga and Kiambu Senator Kimani Wamatangi who decamped from the Jubilee Party.