Kenya Railways scales down passenger train services in five areas
Kenya Railways Corporation has scaled down passenger train service in some regions in what appears to be a reduced number of passengers as Kenyans stay home to enjoy Christmas with loved ones.
According to KRC, the halted services will be in force starting December 28, to January 2, 2022.
The five affected regions include – Ruiru, Embakasi Village, Limuru, Syokimau, and Lukenya in Kitengela.
However, the following regions will continue to enjoy the Madaraka Express passenger service;
1. Madaraka Express Passenger service to and from Mombasa/Nairobi is operational daily.
2. Madaraka Express Passenger service between Nairobi and Suswa Station in Narok, operation on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
3. The Link Service between Nairobi Central Station and Nairobi Terminus every day at 0635hrs,1200hrs, and 2010hrs.
4. The Safari Train to and from Nanyuki/Nairobi operates on Fridays and Sundays.
5. The Safari Train to and from Kisumu/Nairobi operates on Fridays and Sundays.
According to the corporation, the agreement was reached after deliberate consultations within the management.