Over 200 jobs up for grab at KPA
The government is now looking for 200 new hires through one of its parastatals, the Kenya Ports Authority.
KPA to recruit competent and highly motivated individuals to fill the vacant positions.
Interested individuals will be required to submit their applications by December 8, 2021.
“The candidates should also submit their application online including duly signed application letter, Academic KCSE certificate only, copy of National Identity Card and Curriculum vitae (CV). Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification,” the authority explained.
All applicants are required to:
• Have at least a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) Grade D or its equivalent,
• Be physically fit to perform the required tasks, and
• Have good communication skills.
Should you qualify, you will be required to perform various responsibilities including:
• Handling cargo manually and handling shore operations,
• Locking and unlocking manual spreaders before the container is lifted from or onto the ship,
• Signaling crane operators and reach stacker operators when lifting and stacking containers,
• Handling and carrying operational gears from one berth to the other,
• Slinging and un-slinging out of gauge containers/loos cargo,
• Physically guide the equipment operator in positioning of container onto either terminal trailer, ship or other road/rail transport, and
• Physically handle and carry packages during stripping, verification, surveys and stuffing.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must visit the KPA career website portal ( https://www.kpa.co.ke/Careers/Pages/default.aspx ) and follow the guidelines.
For new users, click the register tab on the left-hand side then key in all necessary details such as name, username, password, e-mail.
Once you are done, you will receive an email with verification details to help you complete the registration process.
Upon registration, click on the personal career tab and choose the position you want. Complete the application process by filling the required details and click submit.