President Kenyatta appoints 43 Kenyans to run state corporations; Full list
President Uhuru Kenyatta appointed 43 Kenyans into state corporation boards who will steer their growth to the benefit of Kenyans for the next few years.
Among those who were appointed include KANU Secretary General Nick Salat anf former Attorney general Githu Muigai.
Salat will serve as chairperson of the Board of the Agricultural Development Corporation (ADC) for the next three years.
Prof. Muigai will continue serving as a Non-Executive Chairperson of the Council of Legal Affairs.
“In exercise of the powers conferred by section 4 (5) (a) of the Legal Education Act, 2012, I, Uhuru Kenyatta, President of the Republic of Kenya and Commander-in-Chief of the Defence Forces, re-appoint— GITHU MUIGAI to be the Non-Executive Chairperson of the Council of Legal Education, for a period of three (3) years, with effect from the 6th October 2021,” read the Notice.
Lawyer Kioko Kilukumi has also been appointed Chairperson of the Energy and Petroleum Tribunal while former Principal Secretary Mutea Iringo has been appointed Chairperson of the National Cereals and Produce Board.
Kathleen Openda has been re-appointed Chairperson of the Council to the Kenya Institute of Mass Communication. Andrew Mukite Musangi and Gichira Kibaara were also re-appointed to the Public Procurement Regulatory Board and Non-Governmental Organization Coordination Board respectively.
Full list of appointees;
• Amb. Zachary Muburi Muita – Board of Management of the Kenya Medical Training College
• Daniel Ochieng Macdwalo – Board of the Anti-Doping Agency of Kenya
• Grace Thuku – National Legal Aid Service Board
• Prof. Fredrick Owino – Non-Executive Chairperson of the Board of the Information and Communications Technology Authority
• Eng. Benjamin K. Maingi – Kenya Broadcasting Corporation
• Isaac Kuntai Kool – Water Resources Authority
• (RTD.) Major General James Kipsirma Tololwa Aruasa – Kenya Space Agency
• Isaac Awuondo – Board of the Kenya Airports Authority
• Francis Munywoki – Kenya Leather Development Council Board
• Saul Wasilwa – Privatization Appeals Tribunal
• John Safari Mumba – Board of Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute
• Rhoda Murwa Igosangwa – Regional Centre on Groundwater Resources Education, Training and Research in Eastern Africa.
• Charles Waithaka – Chairperson of Sports Kenya
• Maj. Gen. (RTD) Andrew Ikenye – National Water Harvesting and Storage Authority
• Prof. Wabacha James Kihang’a – Board of Kenya Animal Genetics Resource Center
• Dr. Geoffrey Kamau Kibui – Board of the Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute
• Jacqueline Oyuyo – Nairobi Center for International Arbitration
• Dr.Dinah Mwinzi – Board of the Kenya Industrial Research and Development Institute
• Prof. Elishiba Njambi Kimani – Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development
• Mugambi Imanyara – Kenya Trade Network Agency Board
• Nick Nesbitt – Board of Capital Markets Authority
• Muthoni Kimani – Board of Directors of the Kenya Industrial Estates
• Carol Musyoka – Board of Directors of the Kenya Deposit Insurance Corporation
• John G. Msafari – Board of the Kenya Fishing Industries Corporation
• Phillip Charo – Coast Development Authority
• Stephen Wainaina – Board of Directors of the Kenya National Bureau of Statistics
• Peter Musei Ntoyian – Board of Directors of the Consolidated Bank Limited
• Prof. Ben Sihanya – Board of Directors of the Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis
• Dr. Andrew Kiplagat – Board of the Kerio Valley Development Authority
• Edwin Kinyua – Board of Directors of the East African Portland Cement Company Limited
• Eva Adega Oduor – Non-Executive Chairperson of the Board of Kenya Accreditation Service
• Dorothy Kimeu – Board of the Special Economic Zones Authority
• Joe Ager – National Mining Corporation
• Patrick Obath – Board of Directors of the National Oil Corporation of Kenya
• James Mureu – Micro and Small Enterprises Authority
• Ben Oluoch Olunya – Export Processing Zones Authority